Monday, June 19

Practise the Presence of God

This is an ancient spiritual discipline that takes seriously the Bible’s advice to pray without ceasing. It is about trying to be continually mindful of God. As often as you can, be aware that God is with you.

Write a G on your hand as a prompt, or use your watch to be the cue that calls you to be aware of God each time you look at it..

By practising the presence of God each day, over the weeks, months and years of your life, you wont just be bumping in to God occasionally. Instead you will be living each moment consciously with God.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so true. I like the way you put this. The more used you get to praying and reading Gods word. The more He comes close to you. You won't have to worry if He's around anymore. Because He is so in riched inside of you that you will know that He's always there. God Bless

20/6/06 1:53 am  
Blogger melinda m said...

Funny that you mention this....I'm reading a book entitled "The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence" by Jim Goll.. Got it off the Elijah List a couple of wks ago...I'm reading about contemplative prayer now....it's really cool. It gave me a sense of freedom and a whole new spin on this walk. After reading some of the book one night, I laid quietly in my bed and felt my heart beating in rhythm with God's and I thought I would burst. It was awesome. Great post!

Oh, I tried surfing for the first time this weekend...I'll be writing details on my blog soon....what an awesome experience.
Blessings from up North!

20/6/06 3:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home